The Community Small Grants Scheme has recently been reviewed with new guidelines that give applicants more direction to demonstrate the need for funding and for the benefit to the people of Circular Head.
The major changes to the process are:
- The application form is now online
- Supporting documents (including a budget) need to be attached.
- A co-contribution (cash or in-kind) will be required from the applicant.
- There is two grant rounds, that close at the end of August and the end of February.
All information about eligibility, projects, requirements and assessment process are listed in the Guidelines.
The scheme now comprises of 6 categories:
- Community Development
- Community Facilities
- Cultural Heritage
- Community Events
- Cultural Development
- Sport, Recreation & Healthy Living
The guidelines identify that there will be two types of financial assistance being:
- Major Grants – up to $3,000
- Minor Grants – up to $1,000
In addition, there will be an opportunity to have a Special Interest Grant – up to $4,000 to deliver projects or activities that meet a specific outcome. This will be determined on a need’s basis.
Special Interest Grants and their identified priority area will be advertised when available in particular grant rounds.
A template/ sample budget is here
and the Community Grants Budget Template.
Community Small Grants Scheme 2020/2021 Round One Successful Applicants