Draft Local Provisions Schedule
The Tasmanian government has legislated to replace each of the current municipal planning schemes with a single Tasmanian Planning Scheme to manage how all land in Tasmania is used, developed, protected and conserved.
The Circular Head Council in its capacity as a planning authority has prepared a draft Circular Head Local Provisions Schedule (CH LPS) to establish how the Tasmanian Planning Scheme is to apply for the land within the Circular Head municipal area
When approved, the CH LPS will replace the current Circular Head Interim Planning Scheme 2013.
The exhibition period has now been completed and the Council as planning authority will be preparing a report under Section 35F of the Land Use Planning and Approvals Act 1993, to be submitted to the Tasmanian Planning Commission (the Commission) for consideration. A copy of this report will be made available in the week prior to consideration of the report at the Council Meeting scheduled for 17September 2020.
The links below provide access to all the documents comprising the draft CH LPS, and to all supporting documents.
The Draft LPS can also be viewed at Tasmanian Planning Commission’s offices from 9am until 5pm, Monday to Friday at Level 3, 144 Macquarie Street, Hobart.
For further information please contact Council on 03 6452 4800 to arrange a phone consult.
Draft Circular Head Local Provision Schedule Documents
Interactive Map Tool (Zones and Codes)
Relevant Exhibition Documents
Relevant Exhibition Documents Maps
- C4.0 Electricity Transmission Infrastructure Protection Code
- C6.0 Local Historic Heritage Code
- C7.0 Natural Assets Code
- C8.0 Scenic Protection Code
- C10.0 Coastal Erosion Hazard Code
- C11.0 Coastal Inundation Hazard Code
- C13.0 Bushfire-Prone Areas Code
- C15.0 Landslip Hazard Code
- C16.0 Safeguarding of Airports Code
- Local Area Objectives
- Site-Specific Qualifications
Draft CHLPS Supporting Report and Appendices
- CHC draft LPS Supporting Report Dec19
- CHC LPS report_Appendix A Zone modifications and translations Nov2019
- CHC LPS report Appendix B Decision Rules RuralAg March2019
- CHC LPS report Appendix C LCZ land values assessment March2019
- CHC LPS report Appendix D Response to Part C of CCRLUS March2019
- CHC LPS report Appendix E Priority Veg Overlay REM Summary March19
- CHC LPS report Appendix F Tasfire CH LGS Planning Report March2019
- CHC LPS report Appendix G Schedule 6 Transitional provisions March2019
- CHC LPS report Appendix H Significant Tree backgroundreport August19
State Planning Reference Documents
- Draft LPS approval process flowchart
- Guideline No.1 - LPS Zone and Code application
- State Planning Provisions Exhibited Document
Relevant Reference Documents
- Central Areas Development Strategy Project_draft_2019
- Circular Head Corporate Strategic Plan 2017-2027
- Circular Head Lawn Cemetary Coastal Management Plan_draft_2017
- Cradle Coast Regional Land Use Strategy 2011
Note - For the full extent of Priority Vegetation and Coastal Refugia area overlay mapping (specific zone areas not removed) please contact us to arrange viewing at Council offices, or an extract can be requested for specific areas and emailed to you.
Minister's Declaration for Transitioning Provisions
- Ministers Declarations - Approval of Circular Head LPS Transitional Provisions Declarations
- Ministers Declarations - Clause 8(4) - 1 October 2019
- Ministers Declarations - Clause 8A(1) - 1 October 2019
- Ministers Declarations - Clause 8D(3) - 1 October 2019
- Ministers Declarations - Clause 8D(5) - 1 October 2019
- Ministers Declarations - Transitional Provisions Clarification Document