Community Notice: COVID-19 - Council Offices limited access to Public Access, 9:30 am - 4 pm for Cashier transactions.

Whilst we have limited access, please contact us via email, phone, facebook or this website. Cold or Flu symptoms? Get tested. Tasmanian Public Health Hotline 1800 671 738

Dismiss alert


What to do in an emergency.

If you find that a Council street and/or road is blocked due to a fallen tree please contact Council on 6452 4800. After hours this number will provide a list of after hours emergency contacts.

If the road is a State Government road please call Department of State Growth on 1300 139 933 or contact any of the numbers via the Department of State Growth - Transport. If you are unsure whether it is a State Government or Council owned street/road please contact either Council or State Growth who will be able to confirm this for you.

Click Here to see a map of roads managed by the Department of State Growth.

Works in a Council street/road

Anyone proposing to undertake works within a Council street is required to apply to Council for a Activity within the Road Reservation permit. Works in a Council street include but are not limited to: -

  • Construction of vehicular driveway crossover and or footpath
  • Construction of driveways
  • Developing a nature strip
  • Telstra land access
  • Aurora, TasWater, Gas installation
  • Placement of waste containers/shipping containers
  • Under boring of road/footpaths
  • Trenching across or along roads and footpaths
  • Works affecting pedestrian or vehicular traffic
  • Kerb engraving or numbering

Activity in Road Reservation Application for Work

Application for Street/Road Closure

This form is required if a road is to be closed to all traffic for any period of time to carry out works or public function.  Please note that permission from the police and emergency services may be required.  An eight week lead time is required to make application to the Tasmanian Police for the closure of any roads other than in emergency situations. Further information for application of closure of roads can be found on Tasmania Police website.

For more information please contact Council’s Engineering Services Department for any further information or inquiry as to whether a full road closure is required.

Application for Street or Road Closure

Building a new road/driveway/access to your property

If you are going to construct a new road/driveway and/or access to your property as part of a development you first need to complete an Application Road Authority Consent form, which is available below.

Application Road Authority Consent(34 kb)