What to do in an emergency.

If you find that a Council street and/or road is blocked due to a fallen tree please contact Council on 6452 4800. After hours this number will provide a list of after hours emergency contacts.

If the road is a State Government road please call Department of State Growth on 1300 139 933 or contact any of the numbers via the following website  If you are unsure whether it is a State Government or Council owned street/road please contact either Council or State Growth who will be able to confirm this for you.

Click Here to see a map of roads managed by the Department of State Growth.

Works in a Council street/road

Anyone proposing to undertake works within a Council street is required to apply to Council for a Activity within the Road Reservation permit. Works in a Council street include but are not limited to: -

Activity in Road Reservation Application for Work

Application for Street/Road Closure

This form is required if a road is it to be closed to all traffic for any period of time to carry out works or other activities.  Please note that it is a requirement that police and emergency services need must be notified at least weeks prior to any road closure other than in emergency situations. For more information please contact Council’s Engineering Services Department for any further information or enquiries as whether a full road closure is required.

Application for Street or Road Closure

Building a new road/driveway/access to your property

If you are going to construct a new road/driveway and/or access to your property as part of a development you first need to complete an Application Road Authority Consent form, which is available below.

Application Road Authority Consent(34 kb)


Circular Head Council| P0 Box 348, Smithton TAS 7330
T: (03) 6452 4800 | F: (03) 6452 4861 |
Page URL: