Montagu Recreation Reserve
Welcome to the Montagu Recreation Reserve. The camping area is open from 1 November 2013 until 14 October 2014. During the Summer camping season (1 November to 30 April) an onsite caretaker overseas the Reserve and fees are payable.
Council sets the fees for the Montagu Recreation Reserve camping ground each year 1 November. Refer to the attachment “Guideline Brochure Montagu Park” to view the 2013/2014 fees. Please note all prices include GST.
Council trust your stay at the Montagu Recreation Reserve is an enjoyable one. For further information and bookings during the summer season please phone the onsite caretaker on 0428 524 843. For advance bookings prior to 1 November 2013 please contact Circular Head Council on 03 6452 4800 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Enquiries out of season from 1 May to 30 October 2014 should be directed to Council.
The Advocate newspaper has produced a brief video on the reserve, which is available at
Conditions of Entry
Site reservations are to be made with the on-site caretaker prior to occupying a site as it is necessary to seek site identification and pay fees.
- Camping fees are to be paid to the on-site caretaker on demand.
- Alcohol is not to be consumed outside immediate camp precinct.
- Unruly behaviour and excessive noise will not be tolerated. Offenders will be requested to leave the camping area forthwith.
- No excavations or disturbance of vegetation by campers is permitted.
- Campers are required to keep the immediate area around their site tidy at all times.
- All camping equipment is to be removed from the area when vacating the site or charges will apply.
- Camping is not permitted within 10 metres of the shed, toilets or BBQ areas, or within 3 metres of the firebreak surrounding the boundary of the Reserve.
- Council or a delegated officer reserves the right to remove any campers and/or their possessions from the Reserve without any notice at any time.
- The long term occupation of any site is restricted to one family being immediate family members, ie. two adults and up to 3 dependant children. Additional campers to the site will be required to pay the appropriate fees.
- The occupation of any site is restricted to being within the defined boundaries of 10m2. If additional space is required then an additional site fee will be charged per night.
- The erection of any annexes or temporary structure is to be in accordance with Council's Guidelines for Annexes (see below).
- Pets are to be on leash at all times and must not be left unaccompanied. Faeces are to be removed.
- All garbage must be wrapped, including disposable nappies.
- No generators are to be used between the hours of 11:00pm and 7:00am.
Guidelines for Annexes
The Building Regulations 2004 do not permit the erection of any permanent structure onto the side of a caravan, since it would no longer be deemed moveable and would constitute a dwelling unit. Therefore, within this Reserve, the only acceptable form or structure connected to a caravan is a prefabricated demountable annexe.
Annexes constructed in the same manner or style and of similar materials to caravans or of canvas materials, and capable of easy removal, may be erected within the Reserve. In particular, such annexes shall conform to the following specifications and requirements:
- The maximum width shall be three metres.
- The annexe shall be no longer or higher than the caravan, not including the drawbar.
- Any front porch shall not extend beyond the drawbar of the caravan, but in any case shall not exceed 1.2 metres in length.
- Any excavation or permanent foundations shall not be permitted within the environment.
- The annexe is to be of an acceptable standard and painted to blend in with the environment.
- The annexe is to be located entirely within the designated camping site.
- All annexes are to be removed at the end of the designated camping season.
- The final decision on the compliance or otherwise of any annexe is to be at the discretion of Council management.
Any uncertainties in respect to the erection of any annexe, structure or building should be referred to Council's Compliance Officer for clarification by phoning (03) 6452 4800.