Under Circular Head's S.46 Planning Scheme 1995, various zoning areas apply to the Circular Head region. Under these zones, there is a Table of Uses and Developments that identifies any restrictions within that zone. Within each zone, these restrictions are classified in 4 (four) different areas, which are listed below:
- Permitted As Of Right - no permit application required provided development standards of the planning scheme are complied with.
- Permitted - conditional Permit shall be issued upon application. The application to demonstrate compliance with development standards of the planning scheme. Where development standards are not complied with a variation may be considered.
1) Variation from specified development standards of planning scheme; or
2) A land use or development that is considered may have detrimental impact on the surrounding area.
Application for permit is required and can be refused or a permit issued with or without conditions if necessary.
- Prohibited Use - not allowed
Where an application is required to be lodged for a proposed development, the application needs to be accompanied with the information outlined in Guidelines for Development/Planning Information Pack (see forms). This includes completion of the required form/s, provision of plans showing the proposed development, and payment of applicable fees. Further information can be obtained by contacting the Infrastructure and Development Department on (03) 6452 4840.
Regional Land Use Planning Framework 2010 - 2030
Following a lengthy period of consultation across all North West Council the Cradle Coast Authority has released a Land Use Planning Framework, which has been produced as part of its Regional Planning Initiative.
The Framework was created under an agreement between the State government and the nine Councils of the Cradle Coast region. Please click in the following link to view the Framework.
Draft Interim Planning Scheme
All nine Cradle Coast Councils have committed to provide contemporary and consistent planning schemes to the Tasmanian Government as part of state-wide reforms to planning processes.
For more information on this process please click here.
- Land Use Planning & Approvals Act 1993
- State Policies
- Guidelines for development in bushfire prone areas in Tasmania
- Planning Directive - Standards for single dwellings in residential zones (modified 19.09.2012)
- As of 29 August 2011 all applications for single dwellings in residential zones will be assessed against this Planning Directive. For fact sheets and more information please see the Tasmanian Planning Commission website.